The Lighthouse Beacon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inRulesThe Hang Out

The New & Improved Beacon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GGX
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 16
Coins : 25
Infractions : 0/5
Registration date : 2008-03-15

The New & Improved Beacon Empty
PostSubject: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 pm

That's right, the LightHouse Beacon is back, and better than ever! This is absolutely the biggest upgrade we've ever made to the Beacon. We feel that the beacon needed a fresh start and wanted to challenge ourselves to making the forum better all at once. While waiting for the release of this forum, we got to have some April Fools fun about what the big 'site remodeling' would be. Like we told you, it was all worth it! Let me just take some time to go over the newer features and policies of this forum!

First: New staff members! As always, me & Dazzozo are administrators. One special person who has helped a lot will also be an administrator: Boggs! Us 3 will try to be very active! Now, on to the moderative team. One special mod, who took place as temporary administrator awhile back, is Ambie Gal!

Next: Post icons! We've added post icons to help sort the posts better. All regular users have access to the default icon: the 'topic' icon. Staff members have access to 4 more icons: News, Admin Topic, Important, & Help. If you see one of these topic icons, check the thread, because a staff member made it & it has important value!

Please welcome a new infraction & coin system! They are both similar to the old systems, though they are integrated a different way through the administrative setup. All users start fresh on infractions, and on money. The staff can edit these user fields, but regular users may not. Don't try!

This time, instead of having a whole rules subforum, we have 1 simple rules document. It can be found via the navigation bar at the top. It simply lists the staff members, rules, posting ranks, and other valued information. The only thing that has changed is the infraction offense. You are awarded 1 or more infraction(s) for each offense on your part (more than one if serious). The first 3 infractions are warnings. The fourth infraction is a 10-day temporary suspension. The fifth infraction is a permanent ban. Be sure to read the rules document for more details!

Take note that some of the subforums have been shanged up slightly. This is to ensure organization among the forums. The Club Penguin NonMember Club will be accepting applications for a leader. See the subforum for more details.

The Hang Out chat is back & better than ever as well. Dazzozo is still working on it, though it is currently functional. Just click 'The Hang Out' on the navigation bar. Sign up for an account, then start chatting. We will be working on the chat throughout the next few weeks to make it nicer to your convenience.

The staff will be using staff icons to post messages again, so hopefully the posts will look a little fancier.

These are most of the changes among The LightHouse Beacon. We hope you've enjoyed the great remodel. I'd like to thank Boggs for assisting me in designing graphics for the forum, as well as Dazzozo for working on The Hang Out. Stay on the lookout for more updates to come soon! Post your comments, suggestions, and questions below. Enjoy!

-GGX
GGX's Staff Icon
Back to top Go down
http://www.starbrite-productions.net
Ambie Gal
Administrator
Administrator
Ambie Gal

Female Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Nice update! Wow! This is like, the biggest thing you've ever done!
Back to top Go down
Naruto62396
Trainee Mod
Trainee Mod
Naruto62396

Male Number of posts : 150
Coins : 65
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Which is why the called the other thread "This biggest update of all time"
Back to top Go down
Swadd
Trainee Mod
Trainee Mod
Swadd

Male Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 am

i love the new forum! Great work admins!!
and congrats Boggs you will make a fine admin!
Back to top Go down
MileyMontana411
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac
MileyMontana411

Female Number of posts : 117
Location : In your kitchen cupboard with 12 mad cows each armed with a strawberry slushy.
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:19 am

It's so...so... how can I put this.

SO ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

Naruto: Seriously Miley, please, stop bumping threads.
Back to top Go down
http://flipfloping.co.nr
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New & Improved Beacon   The New & Improved Beacon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New & Improved Beacon
Page 1 of 1